Tuesday 20 July 2010

Chanel Inspired bags come and go, but the 2.55 is here to stay- fine by us!

Chanel 2.55 Flap Bag= THE BAG


We have ALL seen how much the elegant quilted chain Chanel bag has had an influence on other fashion houses. The cheapest one can be easily found for a tenner in Primark. I am definitely impressed with the various retailers and designers who based their designs on this classy signature Chanel flap bag. Many have made bigger versions and some have maintained its quaint size. Definitely a must have, reason being, you can wear it with anything!Its basic yet long lived design shows that this product will live on as trends come and go.



Inspired products can be found in New Look, Peacock, Topshop, Quiz, Jane Norman, River Island, Primark....well you can spot a similar product in most high street stores.

Primark was definitely quick to pick up on this, they're actually quick to pick up on any trend and I am not ashamed to say that I surrender to Primark when I'm skint and need a wardrobe update. Have you not heard?The Devil Wears Primark. Funny enough, they do have loads of apparel inspired by Prada, I will get into that in a later post.

I must say, River Island is the definite winner for me with their quillted bag, pardon me if I am wrong to say that that design was probably inspired by the Chanel bag but their 29.99 pound quilted bag has served me well in carrying all my junk while serving its stylistic purpose.


Well it sure looks like the bigger version of the 2.55 bag and I love it for the fact that I can keep my magazines, make up( a bit obssessive about that, I kind of need a lot of make up I dont even wear in my bag), phone, wallet and a whole lot more(junk). Its also a popular school bag and it serves as an enemy of the bearers of the Primark version.The 8 Pound Peacock versions are just as good in quality too.

Primark Quilt bag


Peacock Quilt bag

To be fair, these bags wear and tear over time so I suggest these brands make peace really because this trend is also becoming old news, its only the 2.55(Chanel) thats maintaining its high and mightly position in the world of Fashion.

The Chanel 2.55 is probably mocking the others in delight, you can never compete with Coco.

I still love my River Island bag, which I still carry out, but its mostly my sleepover/school bag now!

Love ,

The Style Police

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment