Friday 30 July 2010

Leopard Pweeeeeeeeeents

I am the bearer of far too many leopard print apparel, any leopard print item I see gets purchased on impulse no matter how horrible it looks, hmm, I have no idea why it has such an effect on me but this trend is quite risky to try, if you get it wrong, you'll end up looking like a washed up disco star. This is probably why my shiny silver and pink leopard print bodycon latex dress is isolated in my wardrobe shunned from the outside world. If I wear it, it'll be like a police officer littering. I might just update this post with the picture to show you how much I am NOT exaggerating. I tried it on once and my boyfriend said it made me look like a ******well lets just not get into that.

Rihanna's leopard print stockings are just attention grabbing- luckily in a good way
Anyway, this animal print has been in the fashion spotlight for more than a year already. High street shops still have new arrivals that consists of leopard prints, look at the coats from the upcoming Autumn/Winter 2010 collections and leopard prints are a constant. I've got a nice faux fur leopard print coat from Next and I could definitely call it a statement coat as it perks up any basic outfit I have on. I also have leopard print gloves, a hat and a scarf! My upcoming winter wardrobe is full of prints!I can see myself being called the leopard print lady!


Paris hops in the bandwagon for the leopard print craze with a hoodie


Kate Moss, Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore keeping warm in their leopard print coats

Its easy to copy their looks, just pop into any high street store next season!25 Pounds can get you a stylish ones I've already had my eyes on from New Look!

Everyone's embracing this style and pro animal lovers dislike this sort of animal print inspired trend, they assume it promotes animal cruelty and using animal fur. Well, us fashionistas feel different and such campaigners should see it this way. We wear animal prints and faux fur because we love the way they look and simply wear such apparel to mimic the STYLE AND LOOK of the animal, which is why people who agree with me don't buy the actual fur, they get the faux fur to show their appreciation for the way the animal looks! These animals are therefore the trend setters, so to speak!

Now for some last laughs, here's a spoof of Singapore's Miss World who embraces the safari inspired trend!Trust me, Its hilarious. I totally don't see how khaki goes with leopard print, not acceptable by the style police!



Meeeeeeow,
The Style Police
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment